.EPS File Extension
“An EPS file is a graphics file saved in the Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) file format. It may contain 2D vector graphics, bitmap images, and text. EPS files also include an embedded preview image in bitmap format.”
“EPS files are often used to save artwork, such as logos and drawings. ”
Pixelation (stop motion)
“Pixilation is a stop motion technique where live actors are used as a frame-by-frame subject in an animated film, by repeatedly posing while one or more frame is taken and changing pose slightly before the next frame or frames. The actor becomes a kind of living stop motion puppet.”
InDesign notes from Neil’s session (08/11/18)
- Create outlines for fonts downloaded off internet. This will mean the font is now made out of shapes, meaning the printer would not need the font. This also allows you to manipulate the font to create a custom one.
- Package: grabs everything you used in the file.
- Images in InDesign aren’t the actual image, that’s why it doesn’t look great. They are just placeholders. This keeps the file size down.
“Transmedia storytelling (also known as transmedia narrative or multiplatform storytelling) is the technique of telling a single story or story experience across multiple platforms and formats using current digital technologies.”
5 Five main camera settings:
- White balance
- Shutter speed
Shutter spped should be double the frame rate. Higher ISO means more grain.
- Reflects feelings of video.
- Pitch, tempo, tone = all can be used in videos to make cuts etc.
- ‘Requiem for a Dream’ = shows a progression; flat, just marks time.
- Subject placement and light placement. Put lights on the same line as the subject so there are no shadows. Always use two lights. One set of lights for the background, one set of lights for the subject.
- Shout “striking” before turning light on.